NOTE: The foundation does not make grants for the following: endowments, for profit organizations, individuals, annual fund raising events.
The foundation’s fiscal year is August 1 to July 31. The minimum amount awarded to any nonprofit is $1,000. The median grant awarded is $2,250. Excluding the scholarships, an average of 10 to 14 grants are awarded during each fiscal year. Sample grants awarded recently:
- Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra – $2,000
- Camp Anokijig – $3,000
- Sheboygan County Historical Research Center – $1,000
- Sheboygan County YMCA – $2,000
- Elkhart Lake/Glenbeulah School District Enrichment Program – $3,000
- Literacy Council of Sheboygan County – $2,000
- Friends of the Broughton Sheboygan Marsh -$2,500
- Sheboygan Children’s and Teen Book Festival – $2,000
- Sheboygan County Interfaith Organization Bridgeway Project – $3,000
The foundation board meets twice yearly, in early August and late December. Grant application deadlines for these meetings are July 1st and November 15th.
How to Apply
An online application is provided below. Applicants may send accompanying file attachments they wish to include by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may also download the application using one of the links provided below.
Send the completed form along with any accompanying documents to:
Garton Family Foundation
1229 N. Jackson Street, #201
Milwaukee, WI 53202
or email to email@example.com.